Lodging, Meals, & Parking
Excellent lodging is available at many hotels/motels in the Young Harris, Hiawassee, and Blairsville, GA areas. Feel free to use the short list of suggestions below to start inquiries for your reservations. YHC and UGA do not endorse or have any affiliation with any of these entities.
- Chamber of Commerce (restaurant & lodging listings) (800) 984-1543
- Best Western Inn, Blairsville (706) 745-6995
- Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, Young Harris (706) 379-9900
- Comfort Inn, Blairsville (706) 745-6844
- Holiday Inn Express, Hiawassee (706) 896-8884
Special Rate for our event: Usually $99/night, but tell them you're a beekeeper with the Institute and it will be discounted to $69/night for Wednesday and Thursday, $79/night for Friday and Saturday.
- Lake Chatuge Lodge, Hiawassee (706) 896-5253
- Ridges Resort & Club, Hiawassee (706) 896-2262
- Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds, Hiawassee, GA.
- Long Ridge Campground, Hiawassee, GA
- River Bend Campground, Hiawassee, GA
An appealing daily buffet is available at the new Young Harris College restaurant (the "Grace Rollins Dining Hall"), at approximately $9.50 per person including drinks & tax, payable at the door, or tickets may be pre-purchased at the Beekeeping Institute each morning. NOTE: The brand new dining facility is now located in the beautiful Rollins Campus Center, building 45 on the campus map, directly across the street from the Maxwell Science Center, building 1 on the campus map, where they serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It opens Friday morning and closes Saturday evening. There are also many fine local restaurants along the Blairsville - Young Harris - Hiawassee corridor.
Parking at Young Harris College
The former parking lot in front of Maxwell Center is gone. Check out the Young Harris College interactive map for a birds-eye view of the renovations.
The parking area behind Maxwell Center, building 1 on the campus map, will be the preferred parking for 2015 Beekeeping Institute participants. Please note that space is limited in this most convenient location; so, arrive early if you want to park here.
Auxiliary parking is also available. It can be found a short walk across US Hwy 76 around either the Center for Appalachian Studies & Community Engagement or the YH Department of Athletics, buildings 41 & 42 respectively on the campus map.