Welsh Honey Show
We urge all YHBI participants to enter the Institute Honey Show, even if you’ve never competed before.
The show rules have changed, please read them carefully as you prepare your entry.
2022 UGA & Young Harris College Beekeeping Institute Welsh Honey Show Rules and Regulations
General Show Information
- Only registered Institute participants may enter.
- Judges, stewards, and show secretary are disqualified from competition.
- Institute reserves the right to limit the number of entries on a first-come, first-admitted basis.
- Class 1: Extracted Honey
- Class 2: Creamed Honey
- Class 3: Chunk Comb Honey
- Class 4: Cut Comb Honey
- Class 5: Section Comb honey
- Class 6: Full Frame
- Class 7: Novice
- Class 8: Commercial
- Class 9: Black jar
- Class 10: Beeswax Block
- Class 11: Beeswax Candles
- Dipped Tapers
- Molded Tapers
- Class 12: Molded Ornamental Beeswax Candles
- Class 13: Meads
- Sweet Meads
- Dry Meads
- Class 14: Braggot (Beer & Ale made with honey)
- Class 15: Honey Beverages
- Class 16: Honey Cake (traditional)
- Class 17: Honey Cake (open recipe)
- Class 18: Honey Breads
- Class 19: Honey Confections
- Class 20: Artwork Related to Beekeeping
- Class 21: Poetry Related to Beekeeping
- Class 22: Crafts Related to Beekeeping
- Class 23: Needlecraft Related to Beekeeping
- Class 24: Notions, Potions, & Lotions
- Class 25: Beekeeping Gadgets
- Class 26: Photographs Related to Beekeeping
- Class 27: Electronic Media Related to Beekeeping